Friday, 29 May 2015

On the Needles

Currently on the needles are about four different cardigans. The first is a red cardigan, which is about two thirds done, then there's a lovely Tyrolean one with charted flowers.
Now there's a new one, another Tyrolean one. A Debbie Bliss pattern made up of twists and bobbles, it's mock cable so it's actually easier to knit than it looks.

Now that I am used to the pattern it is easier and i've learnt lots of new techniques. I am determined to finish this one! I'm knitting it in Women's Institute Double Knitting in a bright green. 

It has a very forties feel to it and obviously being Tyrolean is Austrian style too. Austria has a place in my heart, as I have practically grown up there over the years during our summer holidays, so it's the perfect cardigan for me! 

 I've nearly finished the back now. I always do the back of a cardigan first because it's the biggest part out of the way! Hopefully it won't take me too long and i'll soon be showing you pictures of the final garment.




Hayley Ann


8 comments:

  1. Great progress so far, and a handy tip to start with the back to get it out of the way. I look forward to seeing you wear the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully it won't be long!

      Delete
  2. What an earthy, classic, beautiful shade. It makes me think of the colour of most lawns around these parts in July and August. That's really smart regarding knitting the back piece first. I'm not a knitter myself, but I feel like that's one of those handy tips that will somehow serve me well at some point in my life.

    Big hugs & many thanks for all of your wonderfully nice blog comments this month, very much including today's. Have a stellar June!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour too, I don't think it will match with much but I couldn't resist the lovely wool! Best wishes xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's gonig to look so pretty! I hadn't even realised the WI had their own yarn.

    You must knit fast, with that many cardigans on the go. I finish about one a year, and if I tried doing four at once I'd never finish any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Mim! I'm not a fast knitter, I just have a problem with getting distracted! I have to discipline myself now though because I have too many on the go! x

      Delete
  4. That's looking good and I love that shade of green, it has such a vintage look to it. Looking forward to seeing the finished cardie and all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely green isn't it, I couldn't resist! Thank you for your comment

      Delete

Thank you for reading my post and taking the time to comment! I enjoying reading all your comments.